RCF’s latest economic update for January 2013 for the national economy is available now: RCF_Economic_Update_and_Forecast_January_2013.pdf (266 KB)
- Economy enters 2013 in relatively good shape with employment growing steadily.
- Tax increases and probable spending cuts resulting from fiscal cliff fix will negatively affect growth but not so much as to prevent gradual decline in unemployment.
- Fed’s easy money policies will continue through 2013 and into 2014.
- Yield curve will likely steepen; long-term rates may increase as a result of expectations of somewhat higher inflation.
- For further information, please contact us